The future of face-to-face contact
We’re all developing a new way of working. As we emerge from COVID lockdown, it’s essential. And establishing the future of ‘F2F’ is at the heart of most people’s plans.
We all hope that we’ll soon be able to return to human interaction as we knew it before. But the world will be more infection-conscious, even when the threat of Coronavirus has diminished.
Most are reviewing their personal interactions with people outside their everyday life, and exploring ways to make them safe. For businesses, that chiefly involves sales, training, and networking.
Important transactions will surely still need in-person meetings. And there are clearly ways to do so while maintaining a high level of infection prevention. Thorough hand sanitisation, no physical contact, distance of 1-2m between people, and face masks where possible.
But where face-to-face contact is not essential, enterprising organisations are finding new (and better) ways to achieve their objectives. We see transfer of training to online delivery as an obvious choice.
Whether training of internal staff, sub-contracted partners, or distributors and installers, online delivery reduces both infection risk and recurring costs.
Once training material is established online, it can be rolled out time after time.
CPD delivery to people within your target market can also be efficiently delivered via online platforms, and recordings of such sessions represent powerful content for future sharing.
In working with our clients, we follow a simple process for taking existing training and knowledge sharing online.
- Assess the nature of your content material to establish what format it can best be converted into – live delivery online, pre-recorded in-person video, presentation or animation, etc.
- Capture the content as it is currently delivered, if necessary by interviewing the presenters, and document it.
- Break the content into segments and clearly storyboard how it should be delivered – transferring training online requires a higher level of narrative clarity.
- Convert the existing content into a format that can be effectively delivered online, potentially varying the format to make it more engaging.
- Establish the best platform to deliver the content and make arrangements accordingly.
Obviously, there is work involved in following this process, but this work constitutes an upfront investment to achieve repeat savings, as travel time is eliminated and venue booking and refreshments become unnecessary.
As with many challenges, rising to meet them can reap distinct advantages in the long run.
Make contact to discuss your training practices and explore the best avenues to take them online.
An opportunity awaits as you go COVID-secure.